Refunds and Cancellations
Due to the nature of our meetings, classes, and retreats it is difficult to offer refunds. We pay for spaces and supplies ahead of scheduled events based on the number of attendees. If you are unable to make it to an event that you paid for you will be offered a transfer of your payment toward a future event when possible. Exception: If it is stated that the payment was a non-refundable deposit then we are unable to adjust for that payment as it has gone to pay for your spot already with a third party such as retreats.
*Any refunds offered for our spring retreats will be considered on a case by case basis and based on the current policies of our retreat center.
Prompt payments are required to secure your place in any of our retreats and workshops as spaces are limited for these events. Please note the payment deadlines for the event you are interested in attending. The women’s circles are currently open to walk in participants at this time however it does help us if you let us know to expect you.
If you are going to be late to a circle, workshop, or retreat, please give us a heads up with your expected time of arrival. We will be starting promptly at our scheduled time so be mindful and quiet as you enter. If it is obvious that we are mid meditation we ask that you wait to enter until the meditation portion has concluded.
The information shared in our meetings, and retreats should be considered confidential. Please respect the privacy of the other members. Photos are used for social media and websites for informational and promotional purposes. If you do not want your photo shares please let us know.
Women’s Circle Facebook Group
The Facebook group for our women’s circle is open only to women whom we have met in person at a circle meeting. This ensures that the group remains a safe place to share thoughts and ideas. Our main Facebook page however is open to the public so that anyone can follow our general discussions and see our events. Please be mindful when posting which audience you intend to engage. As always please keep all posts on both pages positive in nature and free from criticism of our members.
Women’s Circle Members
We offer a yearly membership to our women’s circles for $100. This includes the 12 monthly meetings. Members enjoy a 10% discount on all retreats and workshops offered throughout the year. Members also receive one free meetup as a thank you for your support. Meetups are in addition to regular meetings and are just for fun events. In the past we have taken guided tours of Blount Mansion and of Old Gray Cemetery. Please consider supporting us by joining as a yearly member! Memberships can be purchased between November 1st and January 31st for the following year.
We will be asking our clients to sign the following waiver each year. These waivers will be kept on file and will cover all events during the calendar year. Please note that our host spaces reserve the right to also have their own waivers for the events they are hosting for CM.
- I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well-being during all sessions, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that sessions may be personal in nature. I agree to keep all personal information discussed within the circle/retreats/workshops confidential.
- I acknowledge that deciding how and when to respond is my personal choice. I agree to keep all sessions respectful in nature and a safe space for all.
- I understand that Creating Mindfulness sessions are not run by licensed therapists and do not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the American Psychiatric Association. I understand that sessions with Creating Mindfulness are not a substitute for counseling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy. I understand that all advice offered is personal opinion, and not professional advice.
- I understand that photos taken during circles, workshops, and retreats may be used for promotional purposes across all Creating Mindfulness social media/website platforms for furthering the mission of CM. Please let us know if you do not wish to be included in photos of the events.